In case you were away from your TV this weekend, barbecuing away the last moments of summer, here's a wrap-up of what you missed on Dateline NBC:
- The Man Behind the Mask: When a woman goes for help from the police after a masked man rapes her at gunpoint, authorities turn on her, accusing her of lying. Years went by, and the case grew cold. Then, her attacker struck again. Read the transcript here, watch the full video here, check out Donna Palomba's Web site, JaneDoeNoMore.org, here, and see web-exclusive related content here.
- Finding American characters where crab is king: NBC's Special Correspondent Tom Brokaw is traveling cross-country, 3,000 miles through 12 states, as part of a USA Network project. He's sending back dispatches about the people and places he visits along the way. Travel with Brokaw to Cambridge, Md., where he begins this dispatch. Watch the video here.
- Mukhtar's Mission: Dateline NBC joins New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof as he reports on one Pakistani woman's struggle for justice and her determination to change the lives of women around her. Watch the full segment here, see a web-exclusive clip of Kristof and his wife and co-author, Sheryl WuDunn, discussing womens' rights here, see a clip from a Pakistani delivery room of a woman with life-threatening labor problems here, listen to an audio excerpt from Kristof and WuDunn's book here, and see a slideshow from NBC's Ann Curry here.
- Debt Trap: Dateline looks into a fundamental economic problem: the debt epidemic. Watch the full hour here, see a web-exclusive interview with Attorney General Andrew Cuomo here, and see the transcript and tips on debt here.
- ONLINE ONLY: Inside the terror plot that 'rivaled 9/11': On Monday, a British jury convicted three British citizens, accused of plotting to blow up trans-Atlantic airliners, on a charge of conspiracy to murder. Read an update to the case here.
- Second Chances: In 2001, Alex and Derek King, at the time 12 and 13 years old, were convicted of beating their father to death with a baseball bat. Dateline NBC checks in on where the brothers are now. Watch the full hour here, and see the transcript and web-exclusive clips of Alex and Derek here.